The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy organizes scholars from around the world in philosophy and related disciplines to create and maintain an up-to-date reference work.
Co-Principal Editors: Edward N. Zalta and Uri Nodelman
Current Operations Are Supported By:
- The Offices of the Provost, the Dean of Humanities and Sciences, and the Dean of Research, Stanford University
- The SEP Library Fund: containing contributions from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the membership dues of academic libraries that have joined SEPIA.
- The John Perry Fund and The SEP Fund: containing contributions from individual donors.
- The Friends of the SEP Society Fund: containing membership dues from individuals who have joined the Friends of the SEP Society to obtain such member benefits as nicely formatted PDF versions of SEP entries.
- A gift from the O.C. Tanner Company
The SEP gratefully acknowledges founding support from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, The American Philosophical Association/Pacific Division, The Canadian Philosophical Association, and the Philosophy Documentation Center. Fundraising efforts were supported by a grant from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.